Meet the rising star with more yards and passing touchdowns through 10 professional career games than any player since 1950 – Patrick Mahomes II – first-year quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs and the newest member on the AdvoCare Product Endorser team.* A native Texan, Mahomes was selected as the 10th overall pick in the 2017 Draft. We sat down with Mahomes to get to know a little more about one of the youngest, growing legends in professional football. Here’s what he said:
1) Why the number 15?
The number 5 was taken, and I was drafted #10, so that made 15.
2) How do you help teammates stay encouraged and inspired to do their best?
The everyday process. I try to motivate everybody to be great every single day. You are either getting better or you’re getting worse. I remind guys that, and I feel like everyone has responded well. And, we’ll just keep getting better as the season goes on.
3) When you’re down at the half or in a tough situation, is there anything that you say to yourself or your teammates to help bring everyone back in the fight to win?
Never stop believing – never stop believing in yourself and in your teammates. If you go out there and leave it all on the field for your teammates, you’ll never be disappointed. You may lose the game, but you’ll know that you left everything you had out on the field for the guy standing beside you.
4) Who do you look up to as a leader?
Coach Reid is a great leader who I’ve looked up to, especially these last few years… he’s always believing in the team and believing in the process. It inspires me to believe that this everyday process means something.
5) What is the best advice you have ever received?
When I was trying to make the decision between football and baseball, my parents told me that “Whatever decision you make, be the best you can at it.” And, that’s what has gotten me here, where I am today.
6) What are you passionate about besides football?
I’m passionate about all sports. I like to watch all sports. If I can go to a different sporting event, I go. I play some video games…not too much…but enough in the off season.
7) If you weren’t playing football what would you be doing?
Hopefully playing another sport – baseball or basketball.
8) Do you have any traditions or superstitions?
I do the exact same warm up before every game and the same throws. I wear the sleeve on my right arm that I’ve been wearing ever since I started as a quarterback.
9) What is the biggest difference you’ve noticed between college and professional football?
Everybody is so smart! That’s the biggest difference between the two levels.
10) How did you hear about AdvoCare? What’s your favorite AdvoCare product?
Being a Texas native, I knew a lot of people who sold AdvoCare and first heard the company through my mom because she used Spark. My favorite products are Muscle Fuel, Post Workout Recovery and Cherry Spark.
11) What’s on your bucket list?
I want to travel to as many countries as possible.
12) Favorite movie of all-time?
Remember the Titans
13) What’s your favorite food?
14) Favorite song?
Anything by Drake
15) Favorite place you’ve traveled?
*AdvoCare endorsers receive free product in exchange for their endorsement and are compensated for their time and appearances.