Let’s taco ’bout this delicious Crock-Pot recipe that is packed full of flavor and simple to make! Corn tortillas are pictured, but you can serve the chicken and slaw on top of greens, cauliflower rice, brown rice or simply on their own depending on your personal dietary preferences. Tweet This! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 4-6 hours
|• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|• 1 jar of salsa (15-16 oz)|
|• 1 6 oz. container nonfat plain Greek yogurt|
|• 1 clove fresh garlic|
|• 1 handful fresh cilantro|
|• 2T fresh lime juice|
|• ½ fresh jalapeño (more or less based on desired spice)|
|• salt and pepper to taste|
|• 1 bag coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)|
|• Fresh cilantro for topping|
1) Place chicken breasts in Crock-Pot and cover with salsa.
2) Cook on high heat for approximately four hours (or low for six hours) until chicken shreds easily with fork.
3) Once done, remove chicken breasts, shred with two forks, and return to liquid to keep warm until ready to eat.
Instructions (Slaw Dressing)
1) Combine Greek yogurt, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2) For best flavor, make the sauce when you put the chicken in the crock pot, cover, and let flavors develop in the fridge
3) Toss coleslaw mix with desired amount of sauce and keep the rest to drizzle on top of tacos or use another day.
4) Sauce can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.