Prep Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
|• 1 ¼ lb. salmon fillets|
|• 1 ½ tsp water|
|• 1 tbsp chili paste|
|• 2 garlic cloves, minced|
|• 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice|
|• 1 ½ tbsp honey|
|• 1 ½ ginger, grated|
|• 4 large cucumbers, peeled and spiralized|
|• 5 tbsp low sodium soy sauce|
|• 1 tbsp Sriracha OR comparable chili sauce|
|• 2 tsp sesame oil|
|• OPTIONAL – 1 tsp honey*|
|• OPTIONAL – cilantro, green onions or chives, chopped**|
|• OPTIONAL – 1 small bag of spinach leaves**|
1. In a medium bowl, whisk honey, chili paste, lime juice, Sriracha, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 minced garlic clove and 1 teaspoon sesame oil until well combined.
2. Place salmon and combined ingredients into a large plastic bag to marinate, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Instructions: Cucumber Salad
1. Prepare the cucumber noodle salad using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 minced garlic clove, ½ teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1 ½ teaspoons water.*
3. Add cucumber noodles and stir to evenly coat the noodles; cover and place in fridge until ready to serve with salmon.
4. When salmon is done, place salmon on top of noodles,** and serve.***
*Whisk together an additional 1 tsp of honey along with the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and water for added sweetness.
**Place noodles on small bed of raw spinach for extra fiber.
***Top salmon and cucumber salad with bits of cilantro, chopped green onions or chives for added flavor.