You’ve got to try this delicious (and healthy) Shrimp Zoodles and Pesto recipe by Kortney Carmody, the second place winner in our 2018 AdvoCare ONE/80® Transformation Competition. Learn more about Kortney here and let us know what you think about her recipe. Enjoy! Tweet This!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
|• 1 medium zucchini|
|• 5 – 6 large shimp|
|• 1 – 1 ½ cup fresh basil leaves|
|• 1 – 3 garlic cloves|
|• 1 cup olive oil|
|• pine nuts|
|• seasoning of your choice|
|• salt and pepper to taste|
|• non-stick cooking spray|
1) Spiralize 1 zucchini and use a vegetable spiral cutter (you can get one at any home good store for usually less than $20).
2) Sauté the zucchini using non-stick cooking spray for 3-5 minutes on medium heat to lightly cook it. Set aside in a bowl.
3) Sauté 5-6 large shrimps in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and your choice of seasoning (I use lemon pepper, garlic and oregano). Cook shrimp until turns from translucent to opaque and firm.
4) Combine in a food processor or blender 1 – 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves, ½ – 1 cup of pine nuts, 1-3 cloves of garlic (depending on how garlicky you like your pesto) and ¾ cup olive oil. Blend thoroughly until smooth consistency.
5) Combine all ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!*
*Pesto makes approximately 6 – 8 servings (1 – 2 tablespoons).