Prep Time: 27 minutes
Servings: Makes 6 parfait cups
|• 3 cups rolled oats|
|• ½ cup honey|
|• ⅓ cup chopped pecans|
|• ½ tsp ground ginger|
|• ½ tsp salt|
|• ½ cup canned pumpkin|
|• 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped|
|• ½ banana or 1 cup fresh fruit of your choice|
|• 2 tsp cinnamon|
|• ¾ tsp nutmeg|
|• ⅓ cup chopped almonds|
|• ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt|
|• 1½ tsp vanilla extract|
|• ½ cup apple sauce|
|• ½ cup dried, unsweetened berries of your choice|
|• OPTIONAL – ½ apple, sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Add in dried berries, pecans and almonds to bowl. Stir to combine.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, vanilla, pumpkin and apple sauce until evenly mixed.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until evenly coated. Spread granola in a thin layer over baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake granola for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally while baking. Remove from oven and let cool before assembling parfaits.
6. Slice banana into ½ inch slices and set aside. Place ½ cup of Greek yogurt in glass and top yogurt with ¼ cup of granola.
7. Add 2 to 3 slices of banana* and place another ¼ cup granola on top of bananas. Add one tablespoon of yogurt on top of granola. Sprinkle a dash more of granola on top and add another 2 to 3 slices of banana.**
- *Substitute bottom layer of banana slices with sliced apples for a tarter parfait.
- **Drizzle 1 tsp honey on top of finished parfait cup.